Online Class Overview
Online Zoom Video
Online classes are hosted through Zoom. As technology can be really helpful, there are some things you need to do to make sure you have a successful experience.
- You will be able to access Zoom by using a Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer. Please download Zoom on the device you will be using prior to the class time. Your Zoom meeting information will be emailed to you after registration. Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Also, be sure to have your device plugged into power so there are no battery issues.
- These meetings are VIDEO meetings so we will need to see you. Make sure the device you are using has a working camera as we are required by the State of Texas to record you taking the class.
- You must have headphones during the meeting and your location needs to be quiet.
- Even though the class is remote, you must be seated in a quiet, distraction-free area. You can not be driving or moving around. You must always be visible in front of the camera. Be sure to check the surroundings before starting the video call to confirm your location meets the requirements.
- Zoom features a chat. In the chat, you can send messages to the instructor, the entire class, or to individuals. All messages are saved and recorded (even messages sent to individuals).
- Every participant will be muted unless you are called on. If you have a question, at any time you can click on “Raise Hand” and the instructor will be notified that you are requesting to say something. You could also send a chat message.
This list may change but the premise of this overview is to have a successful class for everyone. Please be courteous and prepared. If at any time you have questions or need help, give us a call at 214-817-0111.